Singapore’s Ngee Ann Polytechnic (NP) and the United Overseas Bank (UOB) announced their plans to jointly launch a campus startup incubator and learning lab to drive student entrepreneurship and encourage ecosystem partnerships.
Hangout@UOB has areas where students can sit and share ideas (ST Photo: Jason Quah)
AGILE, which stands for Accelerating Growth in Innovation, Learning, and Entrepreneurship, aims to nurture the next generation of entrepreneurs. It will give startups access to mentorship through The FinLab, an innovation accelerator by UOB, and opportunities to glean industry insights through The FinLab’s programs.
In addition, NP and UOB said they aim to use AGILE as a venue for programs such as financial literacy workshops, talks with experts in innovation, entrepreneurship and career guidance, as well as hackathons and competitions.
Called Agile, the 10,000 sq ft space on the NP campus in Clementi will have three main functions (ST Photo: Jason Quah)
Ten startups from sectors such as events management, financial advisory, and medical devices, have already come on board, according to a statement. They consist of the following:
- Kalpha is a peer-to-peer mobile platform in the education technology space where individuals can connect and meet to learn skills, experiences, and knowledge on a one-to-one basis.
- Generation Connect develops novel rehabilitative products based on research to provide engagement and social interaction with a focus on inter-generational bonding.
- Conceptsmiths is a multi-discipline design and branding agency dedicated to helping food and beverage businesses identify, distinguish, and communicate their brand through creative solutions and visuals.
- AllForU is a platform that aggregates undergraduates through a centralized portal to guide students, connecting them to opportunities with companies and vendors.
- Position Five is a creative agency that specializes in events and digital marketing. It has a team for any event requirement, which ranges from logistics, conceptualization, to digital marketing.
- Proa Technology designs and builds intelligent applications for companies to make sense of their data.
- Radx is a software development and technology services company supporting clients in their digital transformation, focusing on AR and VR solutions for interactive experiences.
- FatFreq creates high-quality in-ear monitors and innovative systems for musicians and sound engineers.
- SmoothWork is a “roboCFO” that automates financial advisory, conducts financial health checks, and obtains cheaper financing.
- JoyfulPerson is the mobile micro-learning solution for frontline workers, enabling rapid upskilling, and organizational excellence.
As part of the program, NP and UOB also announced the launch of Hangout@UOB, a community space aimed to facilitate collaboration and encourage student engagement. The space will be managed by student interns under the supervision and mentorship of UOB employees.
“In co-managing Hangout@UOB, students will also learn how to anticipate customer needs, with the guidance from our UOB colleagues. These will be their real-life experiences that go beyond any textbook knowledge,” said Jacquelyn Tan, UOB’s head of group personal financial services.
Source from: techinasia.com